The Indycar Series begins this Saturday night at Texas Motor Speedway as Indycar finally gets their season underway. Indycar was set to begin their series March 15th at St. Petersberg but on Friday of practice, Indycar canceled the event and COVID shut down all sporting events.
Indycar has adjusted several races and moved them around the calendar including the Indianapolis 500 which is now August 23rd. There will be no fans in attendance this weekend or in the foreseeable future. Indycar will repeat what NASCAR has done with precautions on race weekend.
Practice, Qualifying, and Race will all be on the same day. Below is the schedule of events:
Other steps to protect the wellbeing of participants have been identified through close consultation with TMS and public health officials. These include:
- Strict access guidelines limiting the number of personnel on-site
- A health screening system administered to all participants
- PPE equipment provided to everyone entering the facility, along with guidelines on usage
- Social distancing protocols in place and carefully maintained
- Revised competition layout to increase distancing